An Introductory Guide to Simple Bundles 2.0
We’re excited to finally launch Simple Bundles 2.0! With this new version, you may be wondering which one is best for your store. Simple Bundles 1.0 and 2.0 have distinct functionalities, and since 2.0 is still in its early stages, some features may not align with your store's requirements.
Migrating to Simple Bundles 2.0 is entirely optional and your decision to migrate or stay with your existing version should be based on your shop's specific needs. Here’s what we’re covering:
- What’s new on Simple Bundles 2.0?
- Comparing Simple Bundles 1.0 and 2.0
- Eligibility requirements
- Migrating between versions 1.0 and 2.0
- What happens to my bundles after migration?
- How to provide feedback and get support
What’s new on Simple Bundles 2.0?
Here, we highlight the key features introduced in Simple Bundles 2.0. Additional features will be added over time.
- Built using Shopify Functions
- Displays bundle contents at checkout without relying on order editing, resolving issues related to non-editable orders.
- Improved accuracy of sales reports by attaching bundle prices and price adjustments to child products instead of the parent bundle. Consequently, VAT calculations can be accurately based on child products.
- Enhanced integration with third-party systems, as they only receive child products without the parent bundle.
- New and improved Infinite Options Bundle builder, enabling quick creation of bundles with over 100 variant options.
Comparing Simple Bundles 1.0 and 2.0
To help you make an informed choice, we outline the differences between Simple Bundles 1.0 and 2.0.
💡 If you're currently using Simple Bundles 1.0 and it already works exactly as you want it to, we recommend sticking with it to ensure compatibility with your existing store setup.
|Feature||Simple Bundles 1.0||Simple Bundles 2.0|
Supports bundles sold through sales channels
E.g. Shop, Shopify POS, Amazon, and orders by 3rd party apps like Recharge Subscriptions
|Supports all sales channels via order editing||Supports Shopify's online store checkout using Functions. Supports all other sales channels via order editing|
|Bundle content addition to orders||Bundle contents are added using order editing after an order is created||Bundle contents are added at checkout using Shopify Functions before an order is created|
|Display of parent bundle in orders||Displays bundle contents and parent bundle in orders||Displays only bundle contents in orders|
|Compatibility with order fulfillment software||Compatible but may require auto-fulfillment of parent bundle||Compatible since orders do not include parent bundle|
|Calculation of bundle VAT||Based on parent bundle||Based on child products|
|Bundle price allocation||Assigned to parent product if using single-price bundle option and child products are discounted to $0. Assigned to child products if using separately-priced bundle option and parent product is removed||Assigned to child products|
|Bundle price adjustment allocation||Price adjustment made to parent product||Price adjustment distributed proportionally across child products|
|Supports non-editable orders||No||Yes|
|Simple Bundles metafields||Yes||Not yet|
|Supports bundles sold through subscription apps and post-purchase upsell apps||Yes||No|
|Supports bundles with deferred payment options||Yes||No|
|Supports Shopify Scripts||Yes||No|
|Supports Shopify draft orders||Yes, via order editing||Yes, via order editing|
|Compatible with Freshly Inventory||Yes||Yes|
To be eligible to migrate to Simple Bundles 2.0 from 1.0, your store must meet the following requirements:
- Your store must be using the Online Store sales channel. All other sales channels aren't supported.
- Your store and any apps leveraging bundles functionality must be using checkout extensibility.
- Your store must not use any checkout.liquid customizations or features. Reverting to checkout.liquid will make your store incompatible with Simple Bundles 2.0.
The following examples present some of the reasons why 2.0 might not work with your store:
- You're creating a draft order on behalf of a customer or if a B2B customer is submitting their orders as draft at checkout. These orders will continue to use the Simple Bundles 1.0 order editing functionality to add bundle contents to orders. Note that some orders may not allow for order editing.
- You're using Shopify POS to sell your products in person in retail stores, popups, and other locations. These orders will use the order editing functionality to add bundle contents to orders.
- These orders will continue to use the Simple Bundles 1.0 order editing functionality to add bundle contents to orders. Note that some orders may not allow for order editing.
- You're trying to include or sell a bundle as a purchase option, such as a subscription, pre-order, or try-before-you-buy (TBYB).
Additionally, if you encounter the message "Shopify Bundles isn't available yet for this store," follow the checklist below to ensure compatibility:
- Unpublish any Shopify Scripts that your store hasn't installed or never had.
- Ensure that your store isn't utilizing checkout.liquid customizations or features. Using the original checkout.liquid can result in your store being incompatible with Bundles.
- Confirm that your store isn't employing payment gateways and apps which might force an unsupported version of checkout. This includes:
- Recharge Subscriptions
Migrating between versions 1.0 and 2.0
What happens to my bundles after migration?
Once you've migrated your existing bundles from Simple Bundles 1.0 to 2.0, you'll notice the following:
- Single-price and Separately-priced bundles from 1.0 are converted to Simple Bundles
- No changes to Infinite Options bundles
- If you have bundles that contain other bundles, the nested bundles will have their bundle contents broken down via order editing with their contents discounted to 100%. This method applies to any order where a bundle is received rather than its contents.
How to provide feedback and get support
We are constantly improving Simple Bundles based on your feedback to create the best possible experience. To submit your feedback, please reach out to our support team through the in-app messaging system or via email. Our team reads and carefully considers every submission.
If you need help in choosing the best version for your store or need help with the migration process, please don't hesitate to contact our support team! ✨